[Pw_forum] How to set nosym for a spin-orbit calculation

庞瑞(PANG Rui) pang.r at sustc.edu.cn
Thu Aug 27 10:40:03 CEST 2015

Dear Tao

 You can see at the beginning of the outputfile. For example, if you set a automic generated 4*4*1 kpoints samping, but  sometimes you may see 10 (or other number < 16) kpoints with different weights there, that means the code uses symmetry to reduce the sampling, sometimes you can see 16 kpoints with the same weights, that means no symmetry is used. You may try it yourself to confirm how to use nosym.

Sincerely

Pang Rui

庞瑞(PANG Rui)

South University of Science and Technology of China/Department of Physics

No.1088,Xueyuan Road, Shenzhen,Guangdong