[Pw_forum] How to set nosym for a spin-orbit calculation

linglingtao2014 at gmail.com linglingtao2014 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:48:05 CEST 2015

Dear Pang,
Thanks for your reply.  The official example07 and example11 show how to perform scf or band calculations by including soc, where the nosym
was not set and the default value is nosym=false. In my experience, it is also recommended to switch off the symmetry when soc is included.
Therefore I am not sure how to set nosym in PWSCF. Thanks for your good suggestions again.

Lingling Tao Department of Physics, The University of Hong Kong