[Pw_forum] Computer cluster Parallel run:-Reg

Suresh A suresh2007pgp19 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 15:57:23 CEST 2015

Dear Mohammed,
                     The command i have used for parallel run is correct.
the command i have used is             mpiexec -f /home/mpiuser/hosts -n 10
/home/mpiuser/espresso-5.0.2/bin/pw.x -ni 10 -nk 10 <anatase.scf.in>
anatase.scf.out. So (i hope) it is nothing to do with command.

Respected Sir (Axel Kohlmeyer),
                    As  I am novice, I am not familiar with computer
architecture like clock speed, memory speed etc. So i will check all the
information which you have quoted. And I will report it as soon as
possible.

Dear Bahad,
                 I have installed Ubuntu-12.04 which has mpich2. I will
install lower version of mpich2 in the cluster then install  espresso-5.0.2
and report as soon as possible. As I am novice ,I will take few days
because I have to install mpich2 in all 10 compute nodes and check whether
it is due to only mpich2 or due to anything  other like clock speed etc.

Thank you so much for all your valuable suggestions.

                  With Regards,
A.Suresh,
Research Scholar,
Madurai Kamaraj University,