[Pw_forum] Choice of Pseudopotential

庞瑞(PANG Rui) pang.r at sustc.edu.cn
Wed Aug 5 15:06:13 CEST 2015

Dear sapna
scalar relativictic means do relativitistic correction on the inner core part, I believe this should be used for elements heavier than Ar. NLCC means a correction on the charge density error induced by treating valence and core electrons in different way. Semicore means including more core electrons as valence electrons, it may be important for heavier elements. More detail can be found in the pseudopotential generating note released with QE.

Sincerely

Pang Rui

庞瑞(PANG Rui)

South University of Science and Technology of China/Department of Physics

No.1088,Xueyuan Road, Shenzhen,Guangdong