[Pw_forum] similar to WAVECAR and CHGCAR in VASP

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Tue Aug 4 10:17:11 CEST 2015

On Monday, August 03, 2015 07:29:56 PM Amir wrote:
> When we run a calculation in VASP, it makes WAVECAR and CHGCAR files that
> can be used as input file for further calculations, for example, if we want
> to increase the number of k points or increase the cut off energy. It is
> also very useful, especially, if you want to continue a relaxation without
> doing the first loop of self-consistent calculation since we already have
> the charge density for the initial structure. Is there such thing in QE?

Dear amir,
You've chosen the worst possible way to describe what you need: Analogy to the
internal features of an extremely expensive competing code.

In pw.x there is normally no way to restart a calculation with a different
cutoff, however if the code finds an existing charge density file when
restarting, it will use it.

You may also look at calculation="nscf" or calculation="bands".

kind regards

--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC -- CNRS & Université Paris 6