[Pw_forum] Phonons calculations at Gamma

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Tue Sep 30 19:01:44 CEST 2014

On 30/09/2014 18:49, Said Asma wrote:
> Dear Nicola,
> Thank you for your replay,
> yes I've done the math with two atoms, but I'll make an alloy that is
> why I did it with 16 atoms.
>
> Asma

It looks like the LA and one of the TA become degenerate at X
(if I got the right phonons - prb site is down); X folds
into Gamma in your supercell. I am not sure on what
are the different representations of the "small point group"
that you have at X, and how they are labeled, but the LA and
TA labels are only valid in the Gamma limit (I think).

			nicola