[Pw_forum] QE-GPU compilation problems

Uri Argaman argamanu at post.bgu.ac.il
Sun Sep 28 10:49:25 CEST 2014

Dear Filippo Spiga
Thank you very much for you response.
1. You write that there is no benefit in using GPU with small systems (less
than 40-50 atoms). What about phonon calculations?
2. We want to do a much more complicated calculation but we do not succeed
even with the very simple we write about before.
3. We try to work with a simple GPU for now, but we intend to work with a
better one, but we need to try it first.
4. What can we do to run a more complicated calculations on the present GPU?

Uri Argaman
Ben-Gurion University
Israel

Dear Uri,