[Pw_forum] MPI is on PATH but not detecting by Quantum espresso

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 06:11:32 CEST 2014

On Sep 24, 2014, at 1:43 PM, PRATIK DAS <pratikdas63 at gmail.com> wrote:
> espresso-parallel]$ ./configure --enable-parallel LIBDIRS="-I /usr/lib64/mpich"

Please do not do this, it is wrong for at least two reasons:
- "-L" instead of "-I" (and without the space)
- the path is definitely wrong, I do not think libmpich.a or libmpich.so are located directly under "/usr/lib64/mpich"

Make sure both PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are set correctly (refer to any MPI library user guide to do so) and then run configure without LIBDIRS.

Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
http://filippospiga.info ~ skype: filippo.spiga

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert

*****
Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission."