[Pw_forum] Phonon band with spin-orbit coupling

dingfu.shao dingfu.shao at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 12:49:54 CEST 2014

Dear  Andrea,

 Thanks a lot for your reply!  It works!

Yours DF Shao

dingfu.shao

From: Andrea Dal Corso
Date: 2014-09-26 15:29
To: pw_forum
Subject: Re: [Pw_forum] Phonon band with spin-orbit coupling
>From the q2r.f90 file:
!     fildyn     :  input file name (character, must be specified)
  !                   "fildyn"0 contains information on the q-point grid
  !                   "fildyn"1-N contain force constants C_n = C(q_n)
  !                   for n=1,...N, where N is the number of q-points
  !                   in the irreducible brillouin zone
  !                   Normally this should be the same as specified
  !                   on input to the phonon code
  !                   In the non collinear/spin-orbit case the files
  !                   produced by ph.x are in .xml format. In this case
  !                   fildyn is the same as in the phonon code+the .xml
  !                   extension.

q2r reads the .xml files. You have only to add the .xml extension in the
input fildyn name.

HTH,

Andrea

--
Andrea Dal Corso                    Tel. 0039-040-3787428
SISSA, Via Bonomea 265              Fax. 0039-040-3787249
I-34136 Trieste (Italy)             e-mail: dalcorso at sissa.it