[Pw_forum] QE-GPU compilation problems

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 17:43:57 CEST 2014

Dear Uri,

you are indeed right, the calculation is simple and it should work. There are many think that could have done wrong (e.g FFT grid or the multi-plan CUFFT driver that has not enough space on the card to initialize the FFT plan). However your case is so simple that adding GPU will not bring you any benefit. The QE-GPU is designed and has born to accelerate time-to-solution for mid/large systems. If you have less than 40~50 atoms (unless your case is particularly computational expensive) then QE-GPU will not bring you any benefit.

Save you time, keep using the normal QE that works great.

Cheers,

On Sep 23, 2014, at 10:15 PM, Uri Argaman <argamanu at post.bgu.ac.il> wrote