[Pw_forum] QE-GPU compilation problems

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 17:49:23 CEST 2014

Dear Uri,

On Sep 22, 2014, at 10:17 PM, Uri Argaman <argamanu at post.bgu.ac.il> wrote:
> I tried recompiling BLAS with -fPIC and after that it seems to be able to compile pw-gpu, neb-gpu, cp-gpu, although it doesn't put pw.x, neb.x etc in the bin directory, but trying to compile ph-gpu gives the following error:

Ok, that missing flag is a case the configure should handle. I will fix this. I have no machine with GCC 4.8, I have to upgrade one and do some testing.

About "pw.x" or "neb.x", QE-GPU makefile does not create them. If you need the CPU-only executable first run the QE configure in a "standard way" then run the QE-GPU one. In this way you get both type of executable (but yes, you need to do twice the procedure).

Speaking about ph-gpu.x, this is a problem that has been already fixed in the git master branch. Try to checkout the latest git version of QE-GPU or please wait me to finalize a new QE-GPU version. As this point, without pushing too much in release new functionalities, I can create just one new minor version with a few important bug fixes related to the configure and makefile.

Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
http://filippospiga.info ~ skype: filippo.spiga

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert

*****
Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission."