[Pw_forum] Hybridization

Pang Rui pang.r at sustc.edu.cn
Thu Sep 18 04:10:38 CEST 2014

Dear Juan

I am quite interested in how you evaluate Green function by using a
projection calculation(no matter what kind of GF), is there any reference
related?

Best wishes

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:19:23 +0200 (CEST), Juan Jose Melendez Martinez
<melendez at unex.es> wrote:
> Dear Tommaso
>
> I am not sure to understand what you ask. If you have a look to the
output
> file projwfc.x, you find first a numbered list of the atomic states used
> for projection; these are read from the pseudopotential files, so you
will
> not find any contribution from a level not considered when the PP is
build.

> Then you have, for each K-point within the Brillouin zone, the different
> electronic energies followed by their corresponding wave-functions,
which
> appear as linear combination of the previously listed states. I guess
that
> this is the kind of hybridization you are asking for, isn't it? This
> information is used by the code to calculate the PDOS which you may plot
> and see where is there any overlapping, etc. You may also handle the
data
> if you wish to do additional calculations (for instance, I used them to
> evaluate the Green function).
>
> Hope this helps. If it does, you owe a coffee to me if I ever visit
> Venice...
>
> Good luck
>
> Juan J. Meléndez
> Associate Professor
> Department of Physics, University of Extremadura (UEx)
> Institute for Advanced Scientific Computing of Extremadura (IASCEx)
> Avda. de Elvas, s/n 06006 Badajoz (Spain)
> Phone: +34 924 289 655
> Email: melendez at unex.es
> Web: http://materiales.unex.es/miembros/personal/jj-melendez/Index.html

PostDoc
Department of Physics, South University of Science and Technology of China