[Pw_forum] (no subject)

Ari P Seitsonen Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi
Wed Sep 17 23:19:11 CEST 2014

Dear Osmair V Oliveira,

   Some quick comments/first reaction:

  - Are you sure that there is only one atom in the cell? If it is the hcp
structure, there should be two, if I am not wrong

  - Did you check the convergence of the results with respect to the
cut-off energy? This pp seems to contain the semi-core s and p states in
the valence, so I would guess something like 150+ Ry might be needed

  - (I am not using the "cold" smearing, but maybe it is ok)

  - 10^-15 as the convergence threshould, nice if you indeed can converge
the electronic structure so tightly, but seems to be somewhat exaggerated
to me

  - The coordinates for the lonely atom seem to be in relative units but
you have specified 'Angstrom'; more digits might be needed for the
symmetry routines anyway ("Ti 1/3 2/3 1/4" would also be allowed, well
then at least the elder versions of 'XCrysDen' were not able to read the
line though)

  - No comments about the input for the phonon code (first please check the
ones in the ground state calculation)

  - I would recommend to use an 'outdir' different than the current
directory, to keep the directories cleaner

  - Please next time use a more appropriate title for your email (and a
more complete affiliation if possible)

     Greetings from Paris,

        apsi

   Ari Paavo Seitsonen / Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi / http://www.iki.fi/~apsi/
   Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS), Département de Chimie, Paris
   Mobile (F) : +33 789 37 24 25    (CH) : +41 79 71 90 935