[Pw_forum] Looking for testers (again) for QE-5.1 binaries for windows

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 18:44:31 CEST 2014

hi everybody,

following up on my previous request last fall, i am looking again for
folks that are interested to run quantum espresso on windows?

last fall some of you helped to improve the development version of QE
so it can be compiled and run on windows machine (in serial and
parallel). now i finally found the time to update this to the recent
release 5.1 and built a new set of packages. before we unleash those
to the general audience, and particularly inexperienced QE noobies, i
want to make certain that everything works reasonably well.

i only have very limited access to windows (on a virtual machine) and
practice with it (the compilation is done with a cross compiler on
linux) and thus cannot test very thoroughly (and don't have the time),
so it seem just logical to farm this out to the QE community.

if you are still interested, please contact me off-list with a short
description of what kind of setup you are willing to test on (CPU,
windows version, 32-bit or 64-bit, MPI or serial or both). i will then
point you to a webpage with some instructions and a link to a
repository where you can download the new packages as soon as they are
available.

thanks,
    axel.

--