[Pw_forum] Band structure calculation with external electric field.

plgong plgong at theory.issp.ac.cn
Tue Oct 21 14:04:20 CEST 2014

Dear Barnali Bhattacharya,
 I think you can fully relax (vc-relax) the structure without the field firstly to get the optimized result.
 Then, you can just relax adding the field. Lastly,  it needs to test the results before and after adding field
in your bands calculation.

Best wishes

P. L. Gong
ISSP, China

Addr: Institute of Solid State Physics, Chinese Academy of
Sciences, Hefei, Anhui 230031, China
Tel: +86-551-65591591(office), 18756086113(cell phone)
Email: plgong at theory.issp.ac.cn