[Pw_forum] Convergence of Magnetization in Graphene Monovacancy Supercell

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Tue Oct 21 13:56:42 CEST 2014

On 10/21/2014 10:43 AM, Haricharan Padmanabhan wrote:
> Clearly, the flat bands at the Fermi level are causing trouble
> depending on whether they've been bumped slightly above or below the
> Fermi level, due to inadequate k-point sampling in different
> calculations. How can I fix this problem? Will doing a manual k-point
> sampling help?

Are you increasing the inter-layer space in the larger cell? I cannot
tell from the tiny bit of input file you provide.

If you do, don't. Too much vacuum space makes the calculation difficult
to converge and you may even get electrons in the vacuum. About 6 or 7
Angstroms of vacuum is enough.

best regards

--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto