[Pw_forum] wrong representation

Sridhar Sadasivam sridhu88 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 02:13:17 CEST 2014

>From release notes:
Fixed in 5.0.3 version:
[...]
   * PHonon: restart with convt=.true. was not working with PAW
   * PHonon: in matdyn.x, displacement patterns were no longer correct
     if eigenvectors of the dynamical matrix were also written to file
   * PHonon: compatibility with files produced by previous releases
     was broken if pools were used
   * VERY NASTY PHonon bug: symmetry Sq=-q+G introduced in v.5.0.2
     could lead to bad phonons in some cases and has been disabled
   * PHonon: effective charges eu + PAW were not accurate with pools;
     effective charges eu + US PP + spin-orbit nonmagnetic were not
     working in parallel.

Seems like 5.0.2 has some nasty bug in the phonon module. I don't know if
this is the problem but I would suggest trying out the latest version 5.1
or at least 5.0.3.
Sridhar
Graduate Student
Purdue University