[Pw_forum] Wave functions for Post Processing

Robert Hembree hembreerofphysics at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 19:55:51 CEST 2014

There are a number of approaches you can take.

Firstly, if you read the source code, specifically the code for pw_export.x,
you can give yourself a pretty decent idea of how the wavefunctions are
stored and accessed by pw.x.

Secondly, if you use pw_export.x then you can export the wavefunction files
into a single xml file. From there you can further decide what to do with
it. Personally I then usually parse this xml file using python and export it
yet again to a flat text file which I can read with some custom software
that I wrote.

Either approach may involve a great deal of work on your part, though I
suspect reusing the PWSCF code will produce the quickest results.

Robert Hembree