[Pw_forum] Can the Max number of k-points be more than 40,000?

dingfu.shao dingfu.shao at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 16:58:34 CEST 2014

Dear Paolo and Rui,

         Thanks a lot for your help! I will change the parameter and  recompile pw.

Yours  DF Shao

dingfu.shao

Institute of solid state physics, CAS
Hefei, China

From: Paolo Giannozzi
Date: 2014-10-09 20:33
To: PWSCF Forum
Subject: Re: [Pw_forum]Can the Max number of k-points be more than 40,000?
On Thu, 2014-10-09 at 17:59 +0800, dingfu.shao wrote:

>         I want to calculate the Fermi surface nesting function, which
> needs a Fermi surface calculation with a very dense grid of kpoints.
> However, the default Max number of k-points  is 40,000. Can I increase
> the value?

from the user guide:
"There are a few adjustable parameters in Modules/parameters.f90"
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/user_guide/node12.html

P.
> Yours
> DF Shao
>
> Institute of solid state physics, CAS
> Hefei, China

Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

You can modify the parameter.f90 in Modules and recompile then try again.

--
PostDoc
Department of Physics, South University of Science and Technology of China