[Pw_forum] LDA+U problem

Mehmet Topsakal mtopsaka at umn.edu
Mon Oct 6 18:36:59 CEST 2014

Dear Jiajie,

We have recently released PAW potentials for rare-earth elements.

See:

http://www.vlab.msi.umn.edu/resources/repaw/index.shtml
and
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0927025614005059
and
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/264535201_Accurate_projected_augmented_wave_%28PAW%29_datasets_for_rare-earth_elements_%28RELa-Lu%29

For Nd and Gd, normconserving pseudopotentials in QE repository perform
really bad as we discussed in our study.

Therefore, if you are doing calculations with rare-earth elements, you
should switch to PAW.

Best wishes.

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Jiajie Zhu <Jiajie.Zhu at kaust.edu.sa> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I see. I just use this potential and the problem is gone if U is not
> included. Thank you.
>
> Jiajie

Mehmet Topsakal
Chemical Engineering and Materials Science,
University of Minnesota, Postdoctoral Associate,
www.researchgate.net/profile/Mehmet_Topsakal