[Pw_forum] dipole flag changes the number of k-points

Pooja Dhorge dhorgepooja at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 09:59:02 CET 2014

Dear all,

       We are doing surface calculations using dipole correction.
The system under consideration is Cu(111) plane and we have considered 4
atomic layers. I am attaching the input files with this mail.

I have noticed that, for 3x3x1 unshifted k-point mesh, I get 3 k-points
with no dipole correction and 5 k-points with dipole correction.

I am unable to understand how dipole flag changes the number of k-points.
Could you please shade some light on this?

Thanks,
Pooja

Project Assistant,
Physical and Materials Chemistry Division,
CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory,
Pune, India.