[Pw_forum] How to add supercell to QE i/p file

Sridhar Sadasivam sridhu88 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 06:27:52 CEST 2014

I usually just write a small code to generate supercells. Knowing the
primitive lattice vectors and basis atoms (2 for graphene), it is very easy
to write a small code that can be used to generate a NxN supercell. You can
then also visualize in XCrysden to make sure that you have generated the
structure correctly.

You can use XCrysden to get the k-point path as well. Just remember that
the k-point path obtained from XCrysden is in crystal units.
Sridhar