[Pw_forum] pw2wannier.x error

Rajdeep Banerjee rajdeep.jzs at gmail.com
Sun May 25 12:50:18 CEST 2014

Dear all,
             I'm facing problems when running pw2wannier.x. It always shows
the following error regardless of a serial or parallel run :

/espresso-5.0.1/bin/pw2wannier90.x < Si.pw2wan > Si.pw2wan.out
Fatal error in PMPI_Bcast: Invalid buffer pointer, error stack:
PMPI_Bcast(1478): MPI_Bcast(buf=(nil), count=1, MPI_INTEGER, root=0,
MPI_COMM_WORLD) failed
PMPI_Bcast(1453): Null buffer pointer

For installation I followed the following instructions in
http://www.wannier.org/pwscf.html

"v5.0 and later You need one file: *pw2wannier90.f90*, which should be
copied to the "PP/src" directory of the QE distribution, replacing the file
of the same name that is already there. "

Then compiled using
make all

             Please help.
Thanks,