[Pw_forum] Hubbard U Calculation for Hematite

Sai Kumar Ramadugu sramadugu at gmail.com
Wed May 7 17:07:35 CEST 2014

Dear Pietro:

My calculations use a unit cell of Fe2O3. Currently I am trying to optimize
2x1 and 2x2 supercells. Once I have the optimized structure, I want redo
the linear response calculations.

Dear Matteo:

The deviations are smaller. For the case of intersection at 0.0, I have
very small range from 0.00001 to 0.00025 for the difference between the
occupations at alpha=0.0 for bare and scf converged responses.

About linearity, I have attached two figures for the response of atom 5
(Fe) with respect to the perturbed atom (Fe) at the origin and atom 6 (Fe)
with respect to the perturbed atom (Fe) at the origin.
The alpha values for these two graphs are -0.01, 0.0 and +0.01.
The response of atom 5 with perturbed atom does intersect (not at 0.0) but
for the response of atom 6, the two lines do not intersect.

Would you suggest to use larger values of alpha (close to 0.1) or use a
super-cell for the calculations?

Thanks very much for the time and help.
Sai