[Pw_forum] 3 additional frequencies (6 total) when only displace one atom in the PH.x calculation

Kan-Ju Lin kjlin at mit.edu
Wed Mar 26 22:37:16 CET 2014

Dr. Giannozzi,

Thank you for your response. The attachment is my ph.x output file. I use nat_todo to allow only atom #25 to displace. The output file indicates that only representation 30 and 39 are to be done (the irreps). #39 has two modes, and #30 has one. In the output, there are three negative and three positive frequencies. Is there a way to distinguish which three are the meaningful ones?

Best,
Kan-Ju