[Pw_forum] matdyn file corrupted? Error in routine readmat (1): mismatch in reading file

weeliat owl1sg at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 02:19:18 CET 2014

Dear All,

I got the following error msg when running dynmat.x (ver 5.0.2) on a matdyn file to get the eigenvectors/values.

     Reading Dynamical Matrix from file matdyn

     Error in routine readmat (1):
     mismatch in reading file

     stopping ...

I compared this matdyn file with other matdyn files that i have but found nothing structurally different.

I wonder if somehow this matdyn file is corrupted and if there is a way to recreate this file as i have all the previous "raw" output (i.e., all the output files from phcg.x)?  I have considered to rerun this calculation to get a new matdyn but it took 1 month for phcg.x to finish and generate this matdyn file for my 150-atom system.

Please help.

Thanks,

wee liat