[Pw_forum] xcrysden visualization

Carlo Nervi carlo.nervi at unito.it
Mon Mar 17 16:58:09 CET 2014

Regarding this question, is there any differences in calculating
structures having the ibrav=-12 or ibrav=0 (and setting the
corresponding CELL_PARAMETERS)?
In other words the calculations should be equivalent. Is it?
Also, do the calculations in both cases make use of symmetry?

In this case one can use the cif2qe.sh utility to generate the ibrav=0
input file starting from the corresponding cif file.

As far as I know xcrysgen can handle ibrav=0

Correct?
thanks,
	Carlo