[Pw_forum] DOS for Spin Polarised System

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Sat Mar 15 16:39:32 CET 2014

On Fri, 2014-03-14 at 13:59 +0800, Zarah Baiyee wrote:

> I am attempting to process the Density of States for a spin polarised
> BaFeO3 system. I have successfully calculated the DOS for the
> nonMagnetic structure, however, after a few minutes I get the below
> error when I reach the dos.x <input> output stage and nothing is
> written to the output file.

this is actually a bug, triggered by the presence of PAW and non-PAW
pseudopotentials, and by the (unnecessary) usage of uninitialized
variables. The following should do the job: in file PW/src/paw_init.f90,
add the following line after (for v.5.0.2) line 282
   IF(.not.upf(nt)%tpawp) CYCLE types
Thank you for your report and to Lorenzo Paulatto for the bug fix

Paolo

> Please find attached my DOS input file, and the nscf output from the
> nscf calc.
>

> Any advice would be much appreciated.
>

> Thank you for your support
>

> Regards
>

> Zarah Baiyee
> PhD Student,
> The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
> Clear Water Bay
> Kowloon, Hong Kong
>

> Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory
> reference.
>

> Backtrace for this error:
>
> #0  0x10a7f570d
>
> #1  0x10a7f5c1b
>
> #2  0x7fff896285a9
>
> #3  0x7fff88191e51
>
> #4  0x7fff8816edb5
>
> #5  0x10966128b
>
> #6  0x1094f412e
>
> #7  0x1094f4818
>
> #8  0x1095378c6
>
> #9  0x109537cb5
>
> #10  0x1094257b1
>
> #11  0x1097f056e
>
> Segmentation fault: 11

Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222