[Pw_forum] error in running band structure calculation in example01 under PW folder (QE version 5.0.2)

priya shrivastava priyashrivastava16 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 21:44:35 CET 2014

Dear All,

In this error : no output is generated in si.bands.david.out & no other
output files is generated i.e si.band.cg.out etc..
I think because in run_example file no command has been given to run
bands.x to perform band structure calculation so after this line
# how to run executables in the run_example file ,I appended  bands.x to
run band structure calculations

PW_COMMAND="$PARA_PREFIX $BIN_DIR/pw.x $PARA_POSTFIX"
PW_COMMAND="$PARA_PREFIX $BIN_DIR/bands.x $PARA_POSTFIX" <-------

After this ,I run the code then all files were generated like in reference
folder , all input files are ok
but all output files are having namelist error and error file have one more
error MPI ABORT process 0

I dont know how to introduce bands.x correctly in the run_example so it
would do calculations for bands also  and generate files similar to
reference folder.

please help....I am sorry if it is very trivial ..:(

Thanks

Priya Shrivastava
Phd student
Indian Institute of Technology,Bombay