[Pw_forum] "STO Structure breaking - reg."

Ari P Seitsonen Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi
Sun Mar 9 22:37:44 CET 2014

Dear Muthu V,

   Still your system is cubic, is this what you want? After the relaxation
of the cell there are off-diagonal components in the stress tensor; this
might hint at a phase transition into a different kind of cell, but it has
not occurred duering your relaxation. There are no symmetries in this
system, is it correct or have you switched them off?

   The output says

      number of electrons       =        25.00

Thus there would be an spin-unpaired electron (or more, if the
multiplicity is higher), but you do not treat the spin.

   I don't know the structure of this crystal, but you might check once
more that what you want to calculate has the correct geometry.

     Greetings,

        apsi

   Ari Paavo Seitsonen / Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi / http://www.iki.fi/~apsi/
   Institut für Chemie der Universität Zürich, CH-8057 Zürich
   Tel: +41 44 63 54 497  /  Mobile: +41 79 71 90 935