[Pw_forum] Convergence problem for relax calculation

fateme hooshmand fhooshmand at mail.kntu.ac.ir
Wed Mar 5 08:43:00 CET 2014

Dear Mitul Mundra
Use electron_maxstep > 100,
(100 is Defult )

----- Original Message -----

From: "Mitul Mundra" <mitulm at iitk.ac.in>
To: "PWSCF Forum" <pw_forum at pwscf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 11:03:15 PM
Subject: [Pw_forum] Convergence problem for relax calculation

Dear QE users,

I am a beginner in electronic structure calculations and I have been trying to do relax calculations for my system. The input and output files are attached along with this mail. My calculations are not converging and I have tried a number of changes discussed on our forum earlier. I have changed the value of mixing_beta from 0.7 to 0.3, I have also increased ecutrho from 160 to 240 to 320 as I am using ultrasoft pseudopotentials. But all my efforts have been futile till now. I would be extremely thankful if anyone could suggest me something which can help my calculations converge.

Thanks
Mitul Mundra
Final year Dual Degree Student
Department of Chemical Engineering
IIT Kanpur

f.Houshmand
Faculty of chemistry K.N.Toosi University of Technology