[Pw_forum] problem in installation of quantum espresso version 5.1

Surender surender_kumar at iitb.ac.in
Tue Jun 17 11:40:16 CEST 2014

Dear Arun Kumar

> /home/arun/quantum espresso /espresso-5.1/BLAS/blas.a
> gfortran: error: /home/arun/quantum: No such file or directory
> gfortran: error: espresso: No such file or directory
> gfortran: error: /espresso-5.1/lapack-3.2/lapack.a: No such file or
> directory

I once had the similar issue and in my case it was due to SPACES in my
installation path, and I guess same is true for you also. So you can try
to create a directory with out SPACES in it, like quantum_espresso instead
of quantum espresso and try to install again (remember to do a make clean
before running configure).

Regards,
Surender
IIT Bombay, India