[Pw_forum] Questions about qe-gpu

Lijuan He helijuan130 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 22:16:59 CEST 2014

Dear Mr. Filippo,

Thanks. When I run the which nvcc, it shows : /usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc

The version I use is espresso-5.0.2 and QE-GPU-r216.tar.gz
<http://qe-forge.org/gf/download/frsrelease/135/453/QE-GPU-r216.tar.gz>.

When I tried to run the configure command: ./configure -disable-parallel
--enable-openmp \--enable-cuda --with-gpu-arch=sm_35
\--with-cuda-dir=/usr/local/cuda \--with-magma --with-phigemm , the
following error came up:

configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-magma, --with-phigemm

However, at the end, it shows the configure is success. I checked the
intermediate steps, it shows 'checking for nvcc... no'

And then when I tried to run the command :

cd ..
make -f Makefile.gpu pw-gpu

at the end, it shows two errors:

mkdir -p ../bin ../lib
ar ruv libphigemm.a phigemm_auxiliary.o phigemm_env.o phigemm_dgemm.o
phigemm_zgemm.o phigemm_dgemm_specialK.o phigemm_zgemm_specialK.o
phigemm_cgemm.o phigemm_sgemm.o
ar: creating libphigemm.a
ar: phigemm_auxiliary.o: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [static] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/espresso-5.0.2/phiGEMM/src'
make[2]: *** [phigemm] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/espresso-5.0.2/phiGEMM'
make[1]: *** [libphiGEMM] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/espresso-5.0.2/GPU/install'
make: *** [libphiGEMM] Error 2

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Lijuan He