[Pw_forum] pwscf restart problem

manchugh at iitk.ac.in manchugh at iitk.ac.in
Tue Jun 3 13:33:21 CEST 2014

Dear QE users

I am running a relax calculation for 5x5 unit cell. Due to less number of
available processors, I had to restart the calculation twice after the
walltime exceeds the limit. For the first time, I made copy of my first
input file with some another name and changed the restart_mode from
"from_scratch" to "restart". It worked perfectly.
For the second time also, I made copy of my second input file with some
another name and ran it. But for the second restart, calculation has been
stopped at iteration 1. Is it wrong to do restart the calculation twice.

Thanks for any help
Regards
--
Manjusha