[Pw_forum] Visualize STM image with XCrySDen

Li, Run run.li at my.und.edu
Wed Jul 30 03:30:41 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I run into some problem trying to visualize the STM image with Xcrysden. I followed the hands-on tutorial (http://www.fisica.uniud.it/~giannozz/QE-Tutorial/tutorial_postproc.pdf), used pp.x to generate STM. However, I couldn't visualize the generated output AlAs110-1.0.xsf as the tutorial indicates. I can only see the actual atoms, but not the STM image. Is there anything I should do? My research project is a 2D structure generated using big vacuum on z direction, and it looks like such 2D STM can only be written in .xsf format? Is there any other software package I can easily switch to?

My QuantumEspresso version: 5.0.3
XCrySDen version: 1.5.24-bin-semishared, installed on ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Thanks,

Run Li
Department of Chemistry
University of North Dakota