[Pw_forum] fixed magnetization to check stoner criterion

Rene Wirnata renewirnata at gmx.de
Tue Jul 29 12:46:18 CEST 2014

Thank you for this hint Dr. Rebaza. You are absolutely right using the
total_magnetization flag for this system.
Neither non-collinear magnetization nor spin-orbit coupling is required
for my calculations, therefore
we can set nspin to 2 and fix only the magnitude of the magnetization,
because without spin orbit,
no direction is preferred.

The &cell and &ions namelists are simply set in my 'master template
file' I use for all calculations on a
system. In case of a simple scf calculation, these cards are ignored
anyways...so I just keep them in the
input file.

Thanks again for the paper, they did exactly what I needed to know :)

In case anyone is interested in more information on that stoner stuff,
this is the book you want to have a look at:
http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-3-642-82499-9

Best regards from Germany,

Rene Wirnata