[Pw_forum] IS DUAL CORE 2.7 GHz, 2GB RAM SUFFICIENT FOR QE calculations??

siddheshwar chopra sidhusai at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 13:08:43 CEST 2014

Dear Users,
I am new to QE and really need an estimate about the computational
resources needed to run magnetic, phonon, optical and band structure
calculations for light, medium and heavy atoms of around 60 atoms
supercell. I currently have a dual core 2.7 GHz processor with 2GB RAM,
HDD=250GB. Please suggest me so that I can run calculations without any
memory of processor issues.
I have Windows XP and also Linux mint installed on the same machine. I have
also increased the virtual memory per partition.
I also now how to make an external USB drive work as system RAM. Will that
help me?

Kind Regards,

--
*Dr. Siddheshwar chopra,*

*M.Sc., Ph.D (Physics)Assistant Professor (Physics),*
*Amity University, Noida, India.*