[Pw_forum] Transmission calculation for simple metals

Alex Smogunov asmogunov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 16:56:38 CEST 2014

Dear all
For this simple case of extended in the XY plane system the procedure of 2d
basis reduction
controlled by parameters ewind and epsproj should not be very efficient, in
fact it is better
if you use the full 2d basis, which is in this case n2d=271... You can do
that specifying
very big value for ewind, say ewind=400.
I would also reduce delgep parameter to say delgep=5.d-10. It needs to be
set to bigger
values if the code crashes...
good luck,
Alex