[Pw_forum] Fwd: visualization

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Tue Jul 8 12:28:26 CEST 2014

You need a xsf file with the charge density in it (it can be
produced by QE using pp.x), then: Tools -> Data Grid, select,
then you can draw isosurfaces or contour plots on planes.
Some documentation is here:
http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/density.html,
http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/plane1control.html

P.
On Mon, 2014-07-07 at 13:05 +0200, yelena wrote:
> Since I cannot send email to xcrysden message-board, I'm forwarding it
> here:
>
> Dear everyone,
> I have been using QE for sometime but I used XCrysden just for simple
> vizualization...
> I've come across image in one paper and I'm very interested to know is
> that image made by xcrysden and how (just name of method, or tutorial if
> there is one... etc.)
> Publication is:
> Calandra, M., Profeta, G. and Mauri, F. (2012), Superconductivity in
> metal-coated graphene. Phys. Status Solidi B, 249: 2544–2548. doi:
> 10.1002/pssb.201200142
>
> and I attached image I am asking advice about.
>
> Best regards,
> PhD Student J. Pesic
> Center for Solid State Physics and New Materials,
> Institute of Physics Belgrade, Serbia

 Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
 Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222