[Pw_forum] Problem with espresso and cuda 6.0

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 11:42:54 CEST 2014

Dear Fabricio,

On Jul 8, 2014, at 12:04 AM, Fabricio Cannini <fcannini at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using 14.06 version of qe-gpu from here [
> https://github.com/fspiga/QE-GPU/ ] . Strangely, it has no
> 'espresso-5.1' directory nor 'espresso-5.0_GPU-14.06.patch' . Is it ok ?

About espresso 5.0.2 I am afraid it requires a dedicated patch not available yet. If you want it I can generate it and make it available. However if you can move to espresso-5.1 then please do so.

> I've tried with espressp 5.1 too, but all patches fail at
> 'Modules/mp.f90' , 'PW/src/pwscf.f90' and 'PW/src/vloc_psi.f90' .

14.06 does not require patch for espresso-5.1. Have you tried without any patch? It should work.

> I've followed the instructions from the link above, but compilation
> fails. Here's the configure options:

> ./configure --enable-openmp --with-cuda-dir=/usr/local/cuda-6.0
> --without-magma --disable-parallel

Is nvcc in PATH? It seems it is not able to locate nvcc compiler.

I also suggest to add "--enable-cuda" and "--with-gpu-arch=<...>"

Regards,

Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/filippospiga ~ skype: filippo.spiga

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert

*****
Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission."