[Pw_forum] question on constraint magnetic moment calculation

Nguyen Chuong chuongnguyen11 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 13:44:21 CEST 2014

Dear Pang Rui,

starting_magnetization on atomic type i in a spin polarized calculation
(such as nspin=2). Values range of starting_magnetization at -1 (all spin
down for the valence electrons of atom) to 1 (all spin-up).
Following this link:

http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/INPUT_PW.html#idp113952

Nguyen Van Chuong
PhD Student,