[Pw_forum] celldm(1)=0

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Sat Jan 25 14:59:36 CET 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-25 at 04:47 -0800, Omamuyovwi Akemu wrote:

> What if I decide not to include the Celldm(1) variable in my input
> data when I choose to set ibrav=0, will it affect my calculation?
>
> Secondly, I noticed in one of my test calculation that when I set
> ibrav= 0 and then make Celldm(1) =0 or do not include the Celldm (1)
> variable in my input data, the total energy in the SCF calculation
> seem not to change. Pls can anyone explain why?

all celldm's are set to zero by default. Setting celldm(1)=0 in input
or not setting it makes no difference: a suitable value is obtained,
if available, from the lattice vectors.

When you reply to the Digest, please set a useful subject and remove
irrelevant quoted info

P.
--
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222