[Pw_forum] PARA_PREFIX AND PARA_IMAGE_POSTFIX

Elliot Menkah elliotsmenkah at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 17 14:26:10 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm working with a cluster with a total of 128 cores and I want to run a
job(relax calculation)
with pw.x using 64 cores.

I'm a bit baffled with the number of processors to set for
PARA_IMAGE_PREFIX since it should be a product of
number of processors in PARA_PREFIX and the number of images in
PARA_IMAGE_POSTFIX.

When i set -np of PARA_PREFIX to be 64 what should the ideal -np be for
PARA_POSTFIX?

64x64 = 4096

the total cores are 128, so 4096 exceeds it.

Any help or explanation on that is appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Elliot

--
Elliot S. Menkah
Research Student - Computational Chemistry/ Computational Material Science

Tel: +233 243-055-717

Alt Email: elliotsmenkah at gmail.com
            elliotsmenkah at hotmail.com