[Pw_forum] phcg restart problem

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Mon Jan 13 10:13:14 CET 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 10:50 +0800, 周波 wrote:

> can the newest SVN version of phcg handle the restart from multi
> processor?

I hope so. The restart mechanism in phcg is a little bit rough,
though: it saves intermediate results only at the end of each
linear-response calculation, it doesn't allow to stop after a
pre-determined time has elapsed

> I'am playing with the phcg and Raman spectra. Interruption happened
> after a really longtime waiting. It is terrible to restart from
> scratch.

if files "recover*" are still there, you should be able to restart
from those. The problem was just when readin those files

P.