[Pw_forum] spin polarization of a organo-metallic compound

Jia Chen jiachenchem at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 00:26:32 CET 2014

Dear Giuseppe,

You are thinking about coupling between magnetic moments. I just wanted to
know if hybrid functional could have non-magnetic ground state, when GGA or
LDA has magnetic ground state. I would like to comment on the difference
between B3LYP and DFT+U. Basically, DFT+U is DFT+Hartree Fock for selected
orbitals and hybrid functional is a mixture of DFT and Hartree. So, it is
not surprising, sometimes, they show similar physics.

Cheers
Jia