[Pw_forum] pw4gww input help

Valentina Cantatore valecantatore at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 12:03:23 CET 2014

Dear Quantum Espresso users,

I'm still trying to figure out how to run gw calculations. In particular, I
need help to understand better how to create a pw4gww input.
1) Do you always suggest to use optimal polarizability basis?
2) numw_prod is a keyword working only in case of pmat_type=5 (as suggested
from the gwl manual) or is it a keyword that works always (as I understand
reading the gwl tutorial)?
3) If i want to perform gw calculation developing polarizability operators
on a basis set with 3 Ry for the energy cutoff and selecting 1000 most
important basis vectors, which are the keyword I have to set up?
4) Are there more tutorials available about gw calculation with more
explanations about the outputs?

Thank you really much for your help.

Valentina Cantatore
PostDoc Researcher at Università del Piemonte Orientale