[Pw_forum] Restarting on the geometry only

Pascal BOULET pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr
Sun Dec 14 10:06:19 CET 2014

Dear all,
I am working on a big structure (384 atoms). I have optimized the atomic positions and cell parameters at the Gamma point. Now that's done, I would like to run a SCF calculation with more k-points. The 'restart' option fails with error message:read_rho_xml : error  > dimensions do not matchI guess it is caused by the change in the number of k-points in the input file (?). Please correct if I am wrong.
How can I restart on the geometry only? Should I change something in the code? If so, could you tell me what to change and where?
Thank in advancePascal
>-----------------Pascal Boulet
Aix-Marseille University
MADIREL Laboratory