[Pw_forum] Fwd: Phonon dispersion from using matdyn.x

Vincenzo Verdolino vincenzo.verdolino at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 19:13:24 CEST 2014

Dear,

I have similar issues so i am not sure to be able to help you. First thing that i would try is to check if phonon calculations at a q point where matdyn gives you negative is correct or not. If yes that means that you k-samplin is good enough and it is only a matter of q mash for the FFT. Another check should be on the scf thrashold in ph.in input file

Let me know

Sent from my iPhone