[Pw_forum] Phonon calculation

Vincenzo Verdolino vincenzo.verdolino at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 07:17:06 CEST 2014

Dear all,

Thanks for all your hints. Xhang, I had this feeling too and I did give a try to different version. At the end i managed to have no imaginary frequency. I am not 100% sure but it might be possible that sampling K-points with offset (i.e. 12 12 12 1 1 1) was giving troubles. Moreover i have increased up to 15 15 15 sampling with no offset. This is the kind of case where one belives to be converged (energy ok, structure ok etc) but you are not and phonon analysis tells you!

Now I stll have to fix a couple of issues becaus the soft modes Around gamma seems to be not perfectly linear wereas acustic should but this coud be a q-mash issue

I will keep u up to date

Vincenzo

Sent from my iPhone