[Pw_forum] Jobs can't finish with the tag of vdw_corr

廖振成 peter10372 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 11:03:19 CEST 2014

Dear PwSCF users and developers,

I want to calculate the interaction between surface and molecule by Van Der
Waals force.
My pseudopotential is USPP and I choose the RRKJ method.
For the type of Van Der Waals, I used the DFT-D.

When I run the job, the job can run a period of time. But when I open the
output file, there is no "JOB DONE" at the bottom. And there also has the
error file,the following words are the part of it.

forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source

.                  0000000000ABA22B  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
.                  000000000076F7CF  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source

libpthread.so.0    0000003A8CE0E9DD  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
.                  0000000000B68CF7  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
libpthread.so.0    0000003A8CE0673D  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
libc.so.6          0000003A8C2D3D1D  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source

libpthread.so.0    0000003A8CE0E9DD  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
.                  0000000000B68CF7  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
libpthread.so.0    0000003A8CE0673D  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
libc.so.6          0000003A8C2D3D1D  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

I tried some ways ,but I still can't solve this problem .

Sincerely,
Peter Liao